längdskidor, rullskidor, skidvalla & skidkläder från skistart

who has experiences of; swenor, marwe, pro-ski, and elpex classic?

jasper110

now the snow has nearly gone it is time to think seriously about getting a pair of classic rollerskis. i have decided on any one of the above but would like to ask for opinions; which is good/bad, better on rougher pavement, best ski feel and so on.

if you have had good experiences of another make, i'd also like to know about it.

my rollerski-ing will mostly be on a smooth dedicated loop with a smaller ammount of time on the 'normal' pavement/road. i worked hard this winter on my diagonal technique and want to maintain it for when the snow returns. i feel that if i think about kick timing then i should be ok and still develop good balance and work the correct muscles.

any thoughts would be helpful.

thanks.

I´ve got a pair of Elpex Wasa 610. Robust, stable and they seem very durable too. Acc to other links here at Skidforum the general impression is that they are like old Volvos - neither the sexiest nor the most comfortable but they certainly are doing their job, particularly for us more powerful (read heavier) users.

Swenor's different models also seem to be ok. I tried a pair of Finstep but decided to go for Elpex instead. Carbonfibre or Fibreglass would probably be a good choice if you are not too heavy. If above ~75 kgs - go for Elpex or Swenor Finstep.

The general remark about Pro-ski has been that the bearings are not protected enough from dirt and water intrusion. This could result in bearing break down. I.e. costly, and if you're unlucky, quite painful too.

I've got Swenor Fibreglass and they give me a smooth ride and I really like them. One complaint is the mudguards/fenders?... they are too short and your boots will be wet. But I have invested in a pair of Lillsport shoe covers which I think is a good idé anyway to protect your boots.

I've got Swenor Fibreglass and they give me a smooth ride and I really like them. One complaint is the mudguards/fenders?... they are too short and your boots will be wet. But I have invested in a pair of Lillsport shoe covers which I think is a good idé anyway to protect your boots.

That sounds fantastic, using ski boots in the spring/summer/autumn and having shoe covers on as well. Should be really warm and nice for your feet. ;)

Archived