längdskidor, rullskidor, skidvalla & skidkläder från skistart

Concept 2 Skierg Value

DPoleIT

Hello to all!

I'm thinking to buy a C2 Skierg but I don't know if it is worth it.

Where I live I have better conditions than sweden for rollerskiing through the year but I don't have your bike paths, also my ski season is fairly short, 3 months.

Do you notice since you have bought skierg an improvement or those improvements could be reached even without?

I would appreciate if you can share your opinion.

Thanks all

The Skierg is an excellent tool to improve performance. I have coached elite athletes using it as their main exercise due to time constraints. I would say distance sessions on rollerskis and intervals on the Skierg is the way to maximize performance.  

The years winner of Vasaloppet has been using it intensively due to working full time and having less time to ski. Most other top skiers use it as well. It my be mentally tough to use sometimes, but that I would say goes for running and biking indoors as well.

Yeah, the main reasons to buy it are the difficulty to do intervals with rollerskis, both in increasing hr and finding suitable roads to do them long enough but also in nov/dec when i work 7/7 and many hrs, like 9+ due to christmas.

the only factor that curb me to buy it is the cost. It is like my month salary.

43 minutes ago, DPoleIT said:

Yeah, the main reasons to buy it are the difficulty to do intervals with rollerskis, both in increasing hr and finding suitable roads to do them long enough but also in nov/dec when i work 7/7 and many hrs, like 9+ due to christmas.

the only factor that curb me to buy it is the cost. It is like my month salary.

A month salary is a lot for sure. I would question if it is worth that much. There are cheaper alternatives out there now, as the Concept2 patent has run out. On the other hand buying a Concept2 machine ensures some future maintenance opportunities. I would still have chosen an alternative that one cut you half a monthly salary short.

The C2 is a great tool for sure. The ability to get your intervals done in your own home,  with no time wasted traveling to the trainingsession is valuable. If you're lucky you can find a used C2 at a lower price than the brand new ones. They last a long time, so it should be little to no risk purchasing a lightly used one. 

Rollerskiing is my priority n.1, did 6k kms from 1/1/23 to 31/12/23, 90% on 4s.

I know that is not necessary to improve but it can be better with it. Also I quit snus, so I can redirect that money to skierg ahaha.

During Vasaloppet I notice that my endurance is good but it seems I lack some pop. 

9 hours ago, Maria Snö said:

Well done 😆
Perhaps you could persuade your closest gym to buy a C2?

In Italy most in the gyms they don’t know what is a skierg and the ones who know, they use it for CrossFit.

Only 1 gym near me has one, 10€ per use, limited hrs of use, closed on sat/sun… etc.